Students often ask about what yoga equipment to buy and I point them in the direction of Yoga Matters shop.
After years of running retreats and students turning up with the wrong sized blocks, I can see that it is useful to have some suggestions about a beginners’ pack, which will cater for your minimum needs:
– 4 yoga blocks, Size : 305 x 205 x 50mm / 12.25″ x 8.25″ x 2″, Weight : 0.15 kg
– A yoga mat, these range from standard to high-performance
– A yoga belt, the D-ring variety are the most user-friendly.
If you want to take things further:
– A second, longer yoga belt
– A bolster
– Two bricks, Size : 220mm x 110mm x 70mm, Weight : 0.34 kg.
If the shoulders are tight then:
– 4 extra half blocks, Size : 305 x 205 x 25mm / 12.25″ x 8.25″ x 1″, Weight : 0.075 kg. are very useful in giving you more support for your shoulderstand
– A chair
– An eye bag.
For Iyengar yoga DVDs, I recommend:
‘Iyengar yoga’ by Gabriella Gublilero and ‘Iyengar Yoga Practice and Enjoy’ by Julie Brown, both of which can be found in the shop below.
To visit the shop click on the banner below: